The number of the beast...

666? Well, not quite! My unlucky number is 13. A classical straight forward one, right.
It actually harbors more than just the conventional fear of that number. In fact I love 111 another unlucky number.  Though it may seem cranky to some people, I believe in numerology and the power of numbers. But I don’t quite agree with changing names to change luck. Yeah, next they are going to change their father for luck.
Back to our point. Why exactly this post now? This is the 94th post in this blog.  9+4=13!
Another irony ismy university roll number is 013! When I got the number I had a sinking feeling. And that is what is happening I am a sinking ship in my academics. The major contribution is myself and a lot has to do with luck. I should have been 12 my lucky number if Anil Sony who never intended to complete the course and dropped out after the first year did not come to the college at all. And incidentally Naveen likes 13 and he would have been 13. Everybody would have been happy.
In the 2004 inter house cricket finals, I batted for my team and I was woefully out of form. I crawled and groveled my way through and was humiliated. Guess my score? 13 from 28 balls. And no, I didn’t know my score when I was out.
An event that brought about profound changes in my life was my Grandmothers death. She passed away in room number 26. The double of 13…
Well I have been contemplating this post for long. And I wrote it now because I saw the post number. It hasn’t reached my expectations though. I guess I am falling into a sort of block now…
Later Days…
Music Recommendation: James Blunt- Back to Bedlam

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

me first....:-)
well numerology.....not too sure if i believe in it...7 is supposed to be my lucky no. n all i can say is i like that no.
btw i also like 13!:)
anyways 94th means headin towards a century!!;;)
:D
Divs

-Poison- said...

13 has haunted me...at times.:)

Unknown said...

@divs Century! Hmmm, I have'nt had a century since I was 8 yrs old!

Arti Honrao said...

Hi ...
Me too believe in numbers :)Hv done some head banging on numbers :)

7 happens to be my lucky number too n my soul urge number [if u know what that is] happens to be 7
but my life path no. happens to be 3 and birthforce no. 8 ... and .....
That is too much for now I think ... :D


Arti

Unknown said...

@poison Another victim, eh?
@arti 3 is my lucky number and my birth number. 3,6,9,12 of these I think i like 6 least and 12 most.
but my name number is 4 and that is said to have an average compatibility with my birth number. But I am comfortable with my name and I will change it when Hell freezes over!

Post a Comment

top