IRMA and more...

Third post of the day? Well, the first had been a lyrics and second a poll. So I think there is space for one more.
Today was the IRMA entrance test. For those who don’t know: IRMA is Institute of Rural Management, Anand. It is headed by Varghese Kurien, the man behind White revolution in India and aims at creation of managers suited for the development of rural India.
Nitin did not apply for the test and Divakar did not write it. So I was alone in this battle. I went there a little early. I have this compulsive disorder of reaching places early. I absolutely hate being late but I tolerate others being late. Hmmm, I was close to tears the one day I became late at school. No one scolded or anything but I wanted to cry because I was late. Pretty lame, eh?
This time though I was a bit too early. Centre was the Pattom Girls Higher Secondary School and on reaching there I saw nobody. I double checked the hall ticket. Then a man asked whether I was here for the test. I affirmed and he told me to go to the far end of the school where there were “two coconut trees”. The way was puzzling and I found the trees and the building.
Some guys were standing there. They seemed to be studying stuff. I had no books with me and I would have looked like an ass simply standing there. So I decided to go out of the school and take a stroll to the nearby church. (Not to pray. Its Sunday dude, lots of babes!). After some productive bird watching I returned. Now the turnout had increased. I actually decided to read the instructions and to my horror I found that a sample application form was to be filled. Only 10 minutes left and I started filling it feeling a little panicky. Well, the form was confusing,
Finally, we entered the hall and the usual blah-blahs later exam started. 200 questions, 180 minutes, 4 sections. I actually had zero preparation for the exam. Not even a single stuff was looked into the day before or otherwise. Surprisingly I felt good about not preparing, the quant was quite easy and they had clubbed DI with quant. Could answer a lot. There were two passages and some English questions in the verbal section. Walk in the park I guess. I was really impressed by the analytical reasoning section. Tested the logic and vision of me and perfect for a manager. The questions were practical based like “would you grant a bank loan to this guy based on our records and data available?’ and “the right course of action the government must take to this issue” etc. I really enjoyed this section. Then came the issues of social concern. 60 questions and the most important one. Really tough for someone like me who is away from the social studies stream for a long time. Still it was quite doable.
How did I fare? I think I did ok. Or borrowing kickassso’s words it wasn’t deadly. It is relative performance that matters…
Actually this was the same school I wrote the CUSAT entrance test. Well, the test was a joke but here I saw the most beautiful girl I had ever seen, hands down! I forgot her name. ( I think I am a prime candidate for, errr…, oh ya Alzheimer’s!) When I came home I listened to the song “You are Beautiful “ by James Blunt. The words are so true…some excerpts I found endearing…

Yeah, she caught my eye,
As we walked on by.
She could see from my face that I was,Fucking high,
And I don't think that I'll see her again,

But we shared a moment that will last till the end.
You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
I saw your face in a crowded place,
And I don't know what to do,
'Cause I'll never be with you.

You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
There must be an angel with a smile on her face,
When she thought up that I should be with you.
But it's time to face the truth,
I will never be with you.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice song man absolutely tailor made for the occasion glad tht the test was easy

Anonymous said...

i like that song!:-)

Unknown said...

@divakar yup pretty ironic i got the song today.
@divya It is a great song. I loved it.
By the way I got the girls name: Its Nandana Vijayakumar. All of us 'N's were in the same class. :-D

-Poison- said...

^:)^

lost optimist..^!^ said...

chanced upon ur blog..the song kinda stays with u..doesnt it..nice to have a face connected with tht song..searchin for the song online right now.. beautiful!

Unknown said...

@lost optimist Very easy to have a face connected or many faces in fact. We see so many faces everyday...

kickassso said...

OUCH man OUCH!
but then again, such is life....

Unknown said...

@Kickassso Yup it is life...full of Ouchs sprinkled with a few yippees!

Anonymous said...

hi!!!!I am Nandana Vijayakumar...whoever u r...i know its too late ...but i found my name here just a few minutes back and that too coz one of my frnd found it out and enquired abt it with me...do u think its right frm ur part to just publish sum name publicly ...well anyways no offence here..no issues...take care
nandana

Anonymous said...

Way to go girl!!! -Tapan

Unknown said...

@Tapan: I guess you are the guy who dug up this post, eh?

Googled your way in here? ;-)

Anonymous said...

He he...yep !!! Hey...wat was ur reply?? -Tapan

Post a Comment

top