The Internet Archive

Its been 4 months since I have taken Asianet connection. My downloads have clocked around 10 GB by now. but most of it has been music and a lot of entertainment stuff. Also some ebooks.
I have always liked cartoons (may be a return to innocence?) and documentaries. I have been looking for some serious stuff to download (yeah! cartoons are serious for me!) and have found some toon torrents. But they are prohibitively big ranging from 1.5 GB-5 GB.
By cartoons I don't mean the new age manga cartoons like Pokemon and others. I like the oldies like Yogi Bear etc and better still, the short cartoons, the forgotten ones. My prayers have been answered. Enter The Internet Archive!
This site contains the out of copyright works and works based on creative commons license. There are a lot of stuff here. Cartoons, newsreels, old movies, documentaries, ebooks, audio etc in a variety of formats. I am downloading some 15 stuffs from here. A must visit for anyone with similar interests as moi.

5 comments:

Arti Honrao said...

:)I was wondering where the posts are...
They are way down on the main page!
Had I not shown patience in scrolling down, I would hv missed something! ;)

Akansha

Unknown said...

You must be using Internet Explorer. It has some problem in displaying my blog :-(
Switch to Firefox and be a part of open source. Remember "May the Source be with you!" :-)

haris said...

Bcoz The Source is The Force

Erosimian said...

"may the source be with u"

LOL!

n1

Arti Honrao said...

yess sirr...
Me was using IE, have FF too ...
Now ur blog seems good with IE too... :)

Post a Comment

top