Let Down...

How many times do you get the feeling that someone has screwed you/let you down?
I am a paranoid person, though people who know me would go "What!", deep down inside I am one hell of a paranoid. What prompted me to write this article? Well, I got an exam tomorrow and I have been let down by a good friend of mine. I won't divulge any details because the guy is good friend and I am sure he didn't mean to screw me and may be I am just pissed off right now and is not thinking clearly (though I doubt it). Not just this incident, also some other thoughts of mine and action/words of others have been boiling inside my head for a long time and now the steam has to be let out.
That brings about the question. What is screwing then? It need not be planned and/or intentional. Fairly unintentional things that you say or do can screw a person or let him down or make him feel bad. Now I am not say that I am Mother Teresa (or is it Father Dominic?) and I do only good things and don't let others down or screw them. But I am sure I do stuff rarely, very rarely. I always want good things to happen to everybody. I wish and pray for it. My prayers in temple usually ends with "Loka Samastha Sukhino Bhavanthu" or may the world be at its prosperous best.
I have been a good guy through out my life (contradictory with my goody two shoes post, eh?) and I suspect will be one for the rest of it. I often go out of my way to help people and care for them, even though the recipients may not realise it. I don't need to prove that to anyone else because I know myself. Only I know myself. I am not harping my virtuosity and being egoistic. Am I?
I have an inner voice telling me to stop being generous and a lot of real voices as well. But I can't help it. May be that is exactly why I feel so down after being let down.
I think a major point is illustrated. Humans are inherently selfish. It is just that the percentage of selfishness varies between one person to another. You may reach the epitome of existence when you get that down to a 0%. Then you are Godlike. The echelon of disinterest. But this requires an effort which is inhuman and not possible for people like us who are in the deepest crevices of materialism.
My motto in life is to do everything you can do to make people happy, though I have struggled most of the time to do it. There may be a lot of people who don't agree with me or my philosophy. I would like to hear your comments. What is life without that randomness that make it exciting? You can appreciate something only if you know its antagonism.
Good Bye.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

you said you didn't like letting others down but you have but you feel bad about it. And your mate let you down and i bet he feels bad about it. It would be selfish to enjoy his displeasure at letting you down and unselfish to be empathic and forgive him...maybe?

haris said...

What happened dude?Take the pill and hav a fuckin sleep.U hav a suicidal tendency, remember that (if not i remind u now he he)For those who wanna screw u ,tell as usual "LET THEM GO TO HEAVEN".Also the sin of selfishness make u powerful.Believe in dark force.
May the force be with u.666

Unknown said...

@anony thanks for that pretty confusing comment!
@hary suicidal moi? hmmm, how the fuck did u know? I am not one with darkness. i believe in light, I believe in God, I believe in Karma...

Charity said...

Do you think its possible for an action to be unselfish? Isn't it selfish to want to be unselfish?
By the way, your quiz says we're compatable.

Unknown said...

@charity Thats why I said. Every human is inherently selfish. Every action he does may be a selfish one. Only the amount of selfishness that the act carries vary. Thanks for stopping by and commenting :-)

Anonymous said...

in our selflessness (is that word??) somewhere lies a little bit of selfishness.....
and about being let down.sometimes its totally circumstantial, not intended......if thats the case hope u get over n move on....
Divs
PS: Have i commented here before?:-/

Erosimian said...

I was thinking. I have went out of my way to help people with their pc's...

overclocking/tweaking them even if they werent interested in it.

i have voices in my head too, which tell me to slow it down and act in pursuit of selfish desires. But I also being a good person like u, its hard to do! :-)

@hary, shove that 666 elsewhere. What do u know of the Dark Side?

*spits*

Unknown said...

@divya thanx. I have moved on. i can never really hold a gridge
P.S: You have commented before in this blog :-P
@duttan You are really good at what you do and you get people interested in your interests.Thats something commendable. I really appreciate the help you gave while taking my system.Thanx.

Unknown said...

Grudge! Spelling mishtache!

Babin said...

My favorite quote/prayer is the following words of wisdom from Mother Theresa.. I adore her attitude towards helping people without expecting anything in return. I guess those who really understand human nature won't expect any better from the fellow humans. With that realization, helping people will be the noblest thing to do...

MT's quoate goes like this...

"People are often unreasonable,
irrational, and self-centered;
Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind,
people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful,
you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies;
Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and sincere
people may deceive you;
Be honest and sincere anyway.

What you spend years creating
others could destroy overnight;
Create anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness,
some may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today,
will often be forgotten;
Do good anyway.

Give the best you have,
and it may never be enough;
Give your best anyway.

In the final analysis,
it is between you and God;
It was never between you and them anyway. "
-Mother Thereasa
--

Arti Honrao said...

Well! Better late than never...

Wht v sow is wht v reep ...
Keep doing gud n u get it back, some time or the other...
Sometimes, thinking practically, going out of the way may not seem appropriate but then u never know ... u may touch sum1s soul by doing so
N I hv always believed in doin gud so dat wen I die ... I get the best seat :)


Arti

Unknown said...

@babin That was a touching quote...thanx a lot!
@arti The best seat? *lol*

Post a Comment

top