Skip to main content

Look who's rockin' !

Bryan Adams coming to India! For the third time! The concert is on Feb 4 and 5.
Here is how the ad goes...
First time he came...You had girlfriend but no money (I had no money and no girlfriend)
Second time he came...You had money but no girlfriend (Same as before...)
and Now...You *to be filled* (why do I bother?)
India sure is a hot destination for concerts nowadays. But the trouble is its too damn expensive! The couple of junys from our college had attended the last concert and they are loaded with cash.
One day I would like to listen to his concert with my beloved (Come on dear! Bryan Adams is no hard rock he is very soft!) Hmmm, may be Coldplay as well.
I want to go by myself to a Metallica concert or an Iron Maiden one! (No baby! Its too metal and women get abused in heavy metal concerts!)
May be I should stop...


Others who had visited India recently are Roger Waters, Dave Gilmour( Pink Floyd), Scorpions, The Rasmus etc.

The place I want to be this February 4 th? In IIM Bangalore. Not for enrolling there! (Though it would be nice!) The Jethro Tull concert for their annual festival.
Jethro Tull is a brilliant progressive rock group with an unique sound like none other. The band contains a hauntingly beautiful lead flute (Yes! Flute) and an acoustic guitar by the vocalist Ian Anderson along with usual stuff (Lead guitar, rhythm guitar, drums, keyboard, bass guitar etc) .
The vocals are really great as well.
I have seen a couple of their live shows on TV and it was great.
By the way the band has been around for the last 40 years! If you have'nt listened to them please do. A fine starting point would be "Waking Edge" from their Grammy winning album "Crest of a Knave" in 1987. The song is not too highly rated, but I love it as it haunts me. Recommended albums are Aqualung, Minstrel in the Gallery and the Christmas Album (the latest). I have listened to these three only and In the process of downloading two more.

I know that I have been writing too much about music lately. But would you guys prefer me ranting ? I will be ranting soon I guess as regular classes for the last semester :-( has started and our new teacher (the lady) is totally ##^^@&@!

Later Days...

Comments

  1. Me Furrst again :D
    N I hv seen that add too :)

    N I was going to comment that u hv been talking abt music for some time now, but at the end of the post I saw that u mentioned it urself...


    GBU
    Arti

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant ad ... not add :blush:

    GBU
    Arti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian Adams is my favourate 222222222... May ur dream come true!!!!But i prefer listening 2 his songs in PC....watching his concerts is not my type of having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @arti: Yup u r always first! :-D

    @naveen: COncerts are a whole lot diff experience!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The End...

This is the final post in this blog. Nearly five years ago, I started this blog from an Internet Cafe. 5 years on, the blog has probably chronicled my state of being. The triumphs, losses, disappointments et al. All this while, I have been experimenting with lot of things and even tried to switch the blog multiple times. This time the switch is for real. I want a fresh start without the baggage. You could even say I am a little inspired by Up in the Air. I don't really have an ETA for a new blog. I could start posting today, tomorrow, or never. Go to: Idle thoughts and update your references. See you out there! Signing off with these words from Jim Morrison: This is the end Beautiful friend This is the end My only friend, the end Of our elaborate plans, the end Of everything that stands, the end No safety or surprise, the end I'll never look into your eyes...again Can you picture what will be So limitless and free Desperately in need...of some...stranger's...

Ancient Thrills

Ancient civilization. Dig. Gun. Artifact. Conspiracy. Esoterica. Professor. Prospective authors please note, you will get atleast one buyer for your book if these key words are there on your book cover. It would also help if you get someone to give comments like "Stunning!", "Tour De Force!" etc. I am such a sucker! My book collection has grown because of a few books I bought specifically due to these keywords. A small list which could well be incomplete: The Temple by Mathew Reilly Cover of Temple Peru. Inca. Idol. Guns. Pretty decent. Good read on a lonely day. Seven Ancient Wonders by Mathew Reilly Decent book. Lots of traps and thrills. Moments like the discovery of the Hanging Gardens are really good. Six Sacred Stones by Mathew Reilly Sequel to the above book. Same old stuff. The ending is a cliff hanger though. The Last Testament by Sam Bourne Cover of The Last Testament Palestine. Israel. Biblical artifact. Middle east solution. Peace talks. Okay okay book. ...

Some more polls....

Cant keep my hands of these stufff... here goes some more... You scored as Neo, the "One" . Neo is the computer hacker-turned-Messiah of the Matrix. He leads a small group of human rebels against the technology that controls them. Neo doubts his ability to lead but doesn't want to disappoint his friends. His goal is for a world where all men know the Truth and are free from the bonds of the Matrix. Neo, the "One" 100% Indiana Jones 96% Lara Croft 79% William Wallace 79% James Bond, Agent 007 79% Batman, the Dark Knight 75% Maximus 71% Captain Jack Sparrow 63% El Zorro 63% The Terminator 58% The Amazing Spider-Man 54% Which Action Hero Would You Be? v. 2.0 created with QuizFarm.com Of all people, i got the sissy boy. Its Ok but I loved to be Jack Sparrow or Jones... You scored as Metallica . You are a Metal Licka! You are one cool, oldschool dude! You love the raw beauty of greats whether it be an appreciation for a fine wine, or a fine lady. You have the rythe...