My Poetry...

Elated at getting an Interview call from IRMA. But now I have got butterfies in my stomach now. Anyway I am trying to put that aside for a while and concentrate on my project which has not yet been started. Actually the trouble is I am creatively washed out...Have to get back on track... While I was frantically searching for IRMA documents I came across a poem I wrote during class time in S6...Those were the days...I wrote a lot during those days. Most about love because of the inspiration from friends and one or two serious stuff. The best was one about decadence and I lost all of them. I wanted to give the following poem to the college magazine as it was the 'politically correct' one...but I lost the paper and cooked up a similar one while the editorial board was busy edting the mag on the computer...Here is the original one and the cooked up one and the inspiration...

Original one


Fading Light...

The cool moon light fills the sky
You don't know how hard I try
To enjoy this light
Like Lovers might.

As the crimson pool darkens
Towards numbness the pain heightens
Groans of my comrades fill the air
Vultures breath caress my hair.

The stream of breeze does comfort me
But the mechanized birds whips she
Sound of thunder fills my ear
With no feeling trickes my tear

Remembrance is not bliss
It unnerves me like a cobra's hiss
Kith and kin breaks my heart
Torturing me like a dart

For whom did I give my life?
For whom did I take many a life?
Questions ring like too many a bell
In fading light I pass on to Hell


Cooked up one


Fading light

As the moon rolls into a cloud
My ear feels not that loud
Gunfire and shots have long ceased
And my soul waits to be released

I lie along a crimson trail
Streaching like a gleaming rail
I feel drenched as in a flood
I realise am lying in my pool of blood

I am the valiant soldier
Guarding my land to be a martyr
Fending the mother from hell
To hear the clear heaven's bell

Devil has his own kins
Inside the land feeding on sins
Driven by gluttony and lust
They sold me to bite the dust

Never had I thought this day would come!
Never again will it come!
This is my last day on earth
Before they take me to my hearth.

They both may suck and I have this compulsive disorder to match rhymes while writing poetry...Bear with me friends! I have read so many good poems by Divs and Arti that I was having doubts of posting these here.
Now for the influence...It is the song called 'The One' by Metallica from their 1987 album 'And...Justice for all'...The song is about a soldier who has been dismembered by a land mine. He lost all his senses and mobility. He tries to convey the message to kill him off by using morse code by shaking his head. The song is one of the all time favourites of mine and the video is simply brilliant. The lead guitar by Kirk Hammett is one of the best ever and drumming by Lars Ulrich is great too.
I know its running too long...But still I am posting the lyrics.

The One

I can’t remember anything
Can’t tell if this is true or dream
Deep down inside I feel to scream
This terrible silence stops me

Now that the war is through with me
I’m waking up I can not see
That there is not much left of me
Nothing is real but pain now

Hold my breath as I wish for death
Oh please god,wake me

Back in the womb it’s much too real
In pumps life that I must feel
But can’t look forward to reveal
Look to the time when I’ll live

Fed through the tube that sticks in me
Just like a wartime novelty
Tied to machines that make me be
Cut this life off from me

Hold my breath as I wish for death
Oh please god,wake me
Now the world is gone I’m just one
Oh god,help me hold my breath as I wish for death
Oh please God help me

Darkness imprisoning me
All that I see
Absolute horror
I cannot live
I cannot die
Trapped in myself
Body my holding cell

Landmine has taken my sight
Taken my speech
Taken my hearing
Taken my arms
Taken my legs
Taken my soul
Left me with life in hell

Too long a post a guess!

5 comments:

Arti Honrao said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Arti Honrao said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Arti Honrao said...

Hi!
I like the original one. I mean ur original one :)
There is a poet in all of us, u just need to bring it out n I c it coming out now. :)
U will laugh if u come to know what my first ever written poem was...
Let me take the risk of being embarrassed -

Tu uss paar
Main iss paar
Beech mein duniya ki deewaar
:blush:

Arti

I comment so much on ur blog n every time I have to focus hard on word verification, I fear soon I'll need specs :-B
Can we do something about this? :-?

Sujith said...

nice poem there!! i especially like the fading light..

Unknown said...

@Arti: *lol* Nothing when compared to my first one! I wont post it. I'd rather run around naked!

@Jithu: Thanks pal!

Post a Comment

top