Skip to main content

Tour Report VIII(First Evening at Delhi)

In Durbar Hotel our first task was to assign rooms. As we were late in booking we couldn’t get rooms in the same floor. After taking care of the girls and most guys, we were left with two rooms and seven of us. Me, Sreenath, Panackal, Anand, Divakar, Kiran and Rakeshettan. We got rooms at the top most floor. The condition of the room was horrific. Really small rooms and no ventilation! They were supposed to be A/C rooms but converted later on. The workers quarters was nearby. The only breath of fresh air came when we saw a gorgeous chick walking around. We didn’t see her later though   : - (.
I went to call home (the train was late by some 4 hours) as I hadn’t spoke to my parents since leaving TVM (I don’t have a cell phone). It was raining heavily and I and Sree borrowed an Umbrella from the reception. We saw a Pan shop nearby and got the urge to try pan. We did not know any thing about the varieties and only wanted something very mild. I blurted Meetha Paan and the guy made us that. We started chewing. It was very good and really sweet. But the problem was that mouth got really full due to the juices and we had no way of spitting. We ran for our rooms and the lift was not working. Murphy’s law at play! We dashed up the stairways and got to the room and grabbed a couple of mugs and spit right into it. Oh boy! What a relief! We went to the next room and Rakeshettan asked us what we were chewing. We told about the paan and our struggle to spit it. We asked what paan and we told meetha.
“ Nincompoops! Meetha paan is to swallow and not spit.” No wonder I felt nothing as I accidentally swallow some of it.
We had told the girls to get ready and they were really punctual and got out about 1 hour late. We were to have the dinner outside as the prices in the hotel were damn high. The girls, teachers and a few guys got into a vegetarian restaurant. We guys walked to a dosa corner that Rakeshettan knew. There was some rush there. Nibin and I decided to walk on find some Delhi special. He is always ready to try new things and so am I. We walked on and found the place to be a bit unfriendly and got back to the original position and ate a couple of Samosas from a shop.
Nibin knows to speak zero hindi and my knowledge is rather bookish. An utter confusion over payment and they were speaking some Kaattu hindi. In the end it was resolved and they were happy to serve us. Then we had a couple of dosas and headed back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End...

This is the final post in this blog. Nearly five years ago, I started this blog from an Internet Cafe. 5 years on, the blog has probably chronicled my state of being. The triumphs, losses, disappointments et al. All this while, I have been experimenting with lot of things and even tried to switch the blog multiple times. This time the switch is for real. I want a fresh start without the baggage. You could even say I am a little inspired by Up in the Air. I don't really have an ETA for a new blog. I could start posting today, tomorrow, or never. Go to: Idle thoughts and update your references. See you out there! Signing off with these words from Jim Morrison: This is the end Beautiful friend This is the end My only friend, the end Of our elaborate plans, the end Of everything that stands, the end No safety or surprise, the end I'll never look into your eyes...again Can you picture what will be So limitless and free Desperately in need...of some...stranger's...

Ancient Thrills

Ancient civilization. Dig. Gun. Artifact. Conspiracy. Esoterica. Professor. Prospective authors please note, you will get atleast one buyer for your book if these key words are there on your book cover. It would also help if you get someone to give comments like "Stunning!", "Tour De Force!" etc. I am such a sucker! My book collection has grown because of a few books I bought specifically due to these keywords. A small list which could well be incomplete: The Temple by Mathew Reilly Cover of Temple Peru. Inca. Idol. Guns. Pretty decent. Good read on a lonely day. Seven Ancient Wonders by Mathew Reilly Decent book. Lots of traps and thrills. Moments like the discovery of the Hanging Gardens are really good. Six Sacred Stones by Mathew Reilly Sequel to the above book. Same old stuff. The ending is a cliff hanger though. The Last Testament by Sam Bourne Cover of The Last Testament Palestine. Israel. Biblical artifact. Middle east solution. Peace talks. Okay okay book. ...

Some more polls....

Cant keep my hands of these stufff... here goes some more... You scored as Neo, the "One" . Neo is the computer hacker-turned-Messiah of the Matrix. He leads a small group of human rebels against the technology that controls them. Neo doubts his ability to lead but doesn't want to disappoint his friends. His goal is for a world where all men know the Truth and are free from the bonds of the Matrix. Neo, the "One" 100% Indiana Jones 96% Lara Croft 79% William Wallace 79% James Bond, Agent 007 79% Batman, the Dark Knight 75% Maximus 71% Captain Jack Sparrow 63% El Zorro 63% The Terminator 58% The Amazing Spider-Man 54% Which Action Hero Would You Be? v. 2.0 created with QuizFarm.com Of all people, i got the sissy boy. Its Ok but I loved to be Jack Sparrow or Jones... You scored as Metallica . You are a Metal Licka! You are one cool, oldschool dude! You love the raw beauty of greats whether it be an appreciation for a fine wine, or a fine lady. You have the rythe...