Skip to main content

Appraisal

Was checking out stuff and found this Friday five. Since I dislike conventions, I decided to do the tag on a Tuesday and on a mid-May.

The original rule meant a report card for the quarter. I am turning into the report card for the mid-year along with anticipation for the month and a half. Lets see how this pans out!
Would you say 2009 so far is meeting expectation, exceeding expectations, or failing to meet expectations?

Difficult one. I am not easily satisfied with stuff. That said, I am fairly optimistic about the month and half ahead. My answer would be meeting expectation.

What letter grade would you give yourself for your performance at work or school?

Similar to Q 1. I would give myself a C if things go as planned. Otherwise a D.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how happy have you been with the weather so far in 2009?

Too hot for comfort this summer is. Talking like Yoda its making me. Give the weather a 4, will I.

Which of the Motion Picture Association of America’s film ratings would you give your social life so far in 2009?

Hmm. Tough one this is! No prospect of change in the coming 6 weeks means its R rated. No real chance of going NC-17! :P

2009’s parents are on the phone and want to know how 2009 can improve its performance. What have been 2009’s areas of strength and what are its areas for growth in the second quarter?

2009 needs to get off its butt and start doing things! Little more reading up on technology, business, and other leisure stuff would do a world of good. 2009's strength has been a lot of luck combined with lot of goodwill. Areas of growth are immense, given the position of 2009 in mid May.That was a quick one! Boring? Certainly not for me! Take it up if you find it interesting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End...

This is the final post in this blog. Nearly five years ago, I started this blog from an Internet Cafe. 5 years on, the blog has probably chronicled my state of being. The triumphs, losses, disappointments et al. All this while, I have been experimenting with lot of things and even tried to switch the blog multiple times. This time the switch is for real. I want a fresh start without the baggage. You could even say I am a little inspired by Up in the Air. I don't really have an ETA for a new blog. I could start posting today, tomorrow, or never. Go to: Idle thoughts and update your references. See you out there! Signing off with these words from Jim Morrison: This is the end Beautiful friend This is the end My only friend, the end Of our elaborate plans, the end Of everything that stands, the end No safety or surprise, the end I'll never look into your eyes...again Can you picture what will be So limitless and free Desperately in need...of some...stranger's...

Ancient Thrills

Ancient civilization. Dig. Gun. Artifact. Conspiracy. Esoterica. Professor. Prospective authors please note, you will get atleast one buyer for your book if these key words are there on your book cover. It would also help if you get someone to give comments like "Stunning!", "Tour De Force!" etc. I am such a sucker! My book collection has grown because of a few books I bought specifically due to these keywords. A small list which could well be incomplete: The Temple by Mathew Reilly Cover of Temple Peru. Inca. Idol. Guns. Pretty decent. Good read on a lonely day. Seven Ancient Wonders by Mathew Reilly Decent book. Lots of traps and thrills. Moments like the discovery of the Hanging Gardens are really good. Six Sacred Stones by Mathew Reilly Sequel to the above book. Same old stuff. The ending is a cliff hanger though. The Last Testament by Sam Bourne Cover of The Last Testament Palestine. Israel. Biblical artifact. Middle east solution. Peace talks. Okay okay book. ...

Some more polls....

Cant keep my hands of these stufff... here goes some more... You scored as Neo, the "One" . Neo is the computer hacker-turned-Messiah of the Matrix. He leads a small group of human rebels against the technology that controls them. Neo doubts his ability to lead but doesn't want to disappoint his friends. His goal is for a world where all men know the Truth and are free from the bonds of the Matrix. Neo, the "One" 100% Indiana Jones 96% Lara Croft 79% William Wallace 79% James Bond, Agent 007 79% Batman, the Dark Knight 75% Maximus 71% Captain Jack Sparrow 63% El Zorro 63% The Terminator 58% The Amazing Spider-Man 54% Which Action Hero Would You Be? v. 2.0 created with QuizFarm.com Of all people, i got the sissy boy. Its Ok but I loved to be Jack Sparrow or Jones... You scored as Metallica . You are a Metal Licka! You are one cool, oldschool dude! You love the raw beauty of greats whether it be an appreciation for a fine wine, or a fine lady. You have the rythe...