Skip to main content

Alive and kicking...

Seems like a really bad time for us...our class...
Its the end of the road for us as an unit. I am rather proud to say that more than any other class in our college we are have a better rating and better still we are a really close bunch of pals who have been through the thick and the thin together. (apart from a few losers...there are always a few of them)
In the last week we are hitting the bump notes it seems.

Two days back...
Bonny, the original prankster and Thakkudu (rarely called Rakesh), the life of the class, went down in an accident. The dudes were returning after fixing up tuition for the Unix lab and were a happy bunch. Suddenly Bonny caught the F1 bug and overtook Dinkan before crashing onto an Auto and falling down pretty hard. A dislocated jaw and a severe flesh wound in right hand for Bonny, a few scratches for Rakesh. Both of them hospitalised and to be frank they are very lucky to escape with wounds of this maginitude. Class is not the same without them.

Yesterday...
After a gruelling night in the hospital (searching for Hospitals...) Rahul (mostly called as Kozhi) and Rajappan (rarely called as Arun) skidded on a busy road and fell from the bike. Rahul got a bruise on his right knee and Rajappan fell on top of Rahul. Busy road and they are also very lucky to escape.

Today...
On the way to college... Anand (popularly called as...duh...Anand) and me (popularly called as Naru) crashed into an Ambassador coming from the wrong side of the road. Don't know how we escaped unscathed...or atleast me...Anand got a torn pant and a knee bruise.
We were crusing along the road. The road is wonderful to ride on and we were doing around 50 as usual. Saw a couple of juniors racing away in Pulsars...well...racing:P
I was really afraid one of them (may be both) would crash...
Then we came near a turning...some Lorries were parked and Anand's view was obscured. At the turn suddenly an Ambassador appeared at the turn on the wrong side. We were keeping left as much as possible. He twisted and turned and we did the same. Hit the back of the Ambi and wobbled of before falling down. Anand's leg was trapped below the bike and I fell flat on my ass. I saw Anand was ok and checked on my Jeans. I was really livid and wanted to beat the shit out of the car driver asshole. Then Anand told me to lift the bike and I proceeded to the driver and yelled at him. Never yelled like this in my life before. Seems the adrenaline was just rushing into my brain. The guy was saying nonsense that he was on the right side (yeah on the US not in India) and we went on shouting spree. Some other guys from our college stopped and soon a crowd gathered. After a lot of shouting we ended the thing. It was going no where and he told us to go to court if we wanted to do something. Atleast the bastard got a nasty dent on his car.
Anand refused to go and take an injection. The dude would never listen. *sigh* I hope his wound will heal fast.

So three days...six guys...I hope it ends with this.

caio people and drive safely...at least for the sake of others...

Comments

  1. Ya,it was a bad week 4 CS.. Boney & takks r the heart of our class.. really missing them,and i think tht they 2 will miss 2morow...man,not in my wildest nightmares,i dont know wht will happen 2morow.. Our arsenel is ready,v r fully loaded.. class will never look the same after 2morow...Last day,and lots of glitters...and some other nasty stuff also..do write abt tht later dude,byeeeee,take care....
    Drive carefully

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The End...

This is the final post in this blog. Nearly five years ago, I started this blog from an Internet Cafe. 5 years on, the blog has probably chronicled my state of being. The triumphs, losses, disappointments et al. All this while, I have been experimenting with lot of things and even tried to switch the blog multiple times. This time the switch is for real. I want a fresh start without the baggage. You could even say I am a little inspired by Up in the Air. I don't really have an ETA for a new blog. I could start posting today, tomorrow, or never. Go to: Idle thoughts and update your references. See you out there! Signing off with these words from Jim Morrison: This is the end Beautiful friend This is the end My only friend, the end Of our elaborate plans, the end Of everything that stands, the end No safety or surprise, the end I'll never look into your eyes...again Can you picture what will be So limitless and free Desperately in need...of some...stranger's...

Ancient Thrills

Ancient civilization. Dig. Gun. Artifact. Conspiracy. Esoterica. Professor. Prospective authors please note, you will get atleast one buyer for your book if these key words are there on your book cover. It would also help if you get someone to give comments like "Stunning!", "Tour De Force!" etc. I am such a sucker! My book collection has grown because of a few books I bought specifically due to these keywords. A small list which could well be incomplete: The Temple by Mathew Reilly Cover of Temple Peru. Inca. Idol. Guns. Pretty decent. Good read on a lonely day. Seven Ancient Wonders by Mathew Reilly Decent book. Lots of traps and thrills. Moments like the discovery of the Hanging Gardens are really good. Six Sacred Stones by Mathew Reilly Sequel to the above book. Same old stuff. The ending is a cliff hanger though. The Last Testament by Sam Bourne Cover of The Last Testament Palestine. Israel. Biblical artifact. Middle east solution. Peace talks. Okay okay book. ...

Some more polls....

Cant keep my hands of these stufff... here goes some more... You scored as Neo, the "One" . Neo is the computer hacker-turned-Messiah of the Matrix. He leads a small group of human rebels against the technology that controls them. Neo doubts his ability to lead but doesn't want to disappoint his friends. His goal is for a world where all men know the Truth and are free from the bonds of the Matrix. Neo, the "One" 100% Indiana Jones 96% Lara Croft 79% William Wallace 79% James Bond, Agent 007 79% Batman, the Dark Knight 75% Maximus 71% Captain Jack Sparrow 63% El Zorro 63% The Terminator 58% The Amazing Spider-Man 54% Which Action Hero Would You Be? v. 2.0 created with QuizFarm.com Of all people, i got the sissy boy. Its Ok but I loved to be Jack Sparrow or Jones... You scored as Metallica . You are a Metal Licka! You are one cool, oldschool dude! You love the raw beauty of greats whether it be an appreciation for a fine wine, or a fine lady. You have the rythe...