Skip to main content

Beach Boys

As usual I was wasting my time away in the evening. Getting ready to watch WWE and catch some sleep. Then my friends came home and asked whether I wanted to come to Karikkakam Temple. A trip to beach afterwards was also in the offing. I accepted gladly. Any change from the regular routine is always welcome.
So the four of us started out. First to the temple. Its fairly big one and I love it.
Lot of trees...Lot of sand to play with...(Some of the temple officials were staring rather crossly at me while I was idly playing with sand...so had to cut that out! Boooo!)
The nearby Naagar kaavu (Temple of the godly snakes) had a great atmosphere.
Then we went to the beach. The beach road is fabulous thanks to Punj Lloyd. Strolled around the beach which was a little busy as usual. None of us felt any urge to play with water. Then had a tea and snacks.

Memories flooded back to me...some bleak...some powerful...
I have come to the beach just a couple of times (or was it once?) with my parents when I was a kid. Always wanted to...But Dad and Mom being busy meant outings were very scarce.
But my trips otherwise were frequent with my cousin, uncle and aunt. But I don't think there is any speciality associated with those visits. May be climbing the Star Fish Hotel (a few paces...no more than that..I was an obedient kid and was scared!) or the cycle park comes to mind now.

In college it was different. Been here a few times with friends. Almost all visits have some speciality on its own. I think I would post those visits, non beach stuff we did...both crazy and sane over a period of time...

In other news, I got my first job...Very happy at that...Now waiting for the offer letter to come to my inbox. Looong wait...won't come atleast till 10 tomorrow morning! :D

ciao for now people

Comments

  1. congratss 4 ur jobbb......
    treat undeyyyyyyy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I 2 am missing those days!!! kakka told tht he saw u ppl ter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats rock!
    which co are ye in? n which city?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The End...

This is the final post in this blog. Nearly five years ago, I started this blog from an Internet Cafe. 5 years on, the blog has probably chronicled my state of being. The triumphs, losses, disappointments et al. All this while, I have been experimenting with lot of things and even tried to switch the blog multiple times. This time the switch is for real. I want a fresh start without the baggage. You could even say I am a little inspired by Up in the Air. I don't really have an ETA for a new blog. I could start posting today, tomorrow, or never. Go to: Idle thoughts and update your references. See you out there! Signing off with these words from Jim Morrison: This is the end Beautiful friend This is the end My only friend, the end Of our elaborate plans, the end Of everything that stands, the end No safety or surprise, the end I'll never look into your eyes...again Can you picture what will be So limitless and free Desperately in need...of some...stranger's...

Ancient Thrills

Ancient civilization. Dig. Gun. Artifact. Conspiracy. Esoterica. Professor. Prospective authors please note, you will get atleast one buyer for your book if these key words are there on your book cover. It would also help if you get someone to give comments like "Stunning!", "Tour De Force!" etc. I am such a sucker! My book collection has grown because of a few books I bought specifically due to these keywords. A small list which could well be incomplete: The Temple by Mathew Reilly Cover of Temple Peru. Inca. Idol. Guns. Pretty decent. Good read on a lonely day. Seven Ancient Wonders by Mathew Reilly Decent book. Lots of traps and thrills. Moments like the discovery of the Hanging Gardens are really good. Six Sacred Stones by Mathew Reilly Sequel to the above book. Same old stuff. The ending is a cliff hanger though. The Last Testament by Sam Bourne Cover of The Last Testament Palestine. Israel. Biblical artifact. Middle east solution. Peace talks. Okay okay book. ...

Some more polls....

Cant keep my hands of these stufff... here goes some more... You scored as Neo, the "One" . Neo is the computer hacker-turned-Messiah of the Matrix. He leads a small group of human rebels against the technology that controls them. Neo doubts his ability to lead but doesn't want to disappoint his friends. His goal is for a world where all men know the Truth and are free from the bonds of the Matrix. Neo, the "One" 100% Indiana Jones 96% Lara Croft 79% William Wallace 79% James Bond, Agent 007 79% Batman, the Dark Knight 75% Maximus 71% Captain Jack Sparrow 63% El Zorro 63% The Terminator 58% The Amazing Spider-Man 54% Which Action Hero Would You Be? v. 2.0 created with QuizFarm.com Of all people, i got the sissy boy. Its Ok but I loved to be Jack Sparrow or Jones... You scored as Metallica . You are a Metal Licka! You are one cool, oldschool dude! You love the raw beauty of greats whether it be an appreciation for a fine wine, or a fine lady. You have the rythe...