Skip to main content

Series Sam!

Serious Sam is one of my favourite games. The game has a non pretentious and goofy storyline just to set the tempo of the game. The game is nothing but pure mayhem with brainless and bizarre creatures coming to kill you in bizzillions. My series tests are also on a similar vein.

6 subjects, its teachers, the invigilators etc are enough to drive one crazy. Situation similar to the firefights in Serious Sam.I would really like to pick up a chain gun and massacre them all.

Just before this series our s5 supplementary results had come. Didnt get 2 papers: Microprocessor and Computer Hardware Design. I have absolutely no excuse for flunking in MP. Gopakumar Sir, the best teacher inour college taught the subject and I know the shit pretty well as well. Then I wonder how the hell did I flunk?

CHD is another matter altogether. It was taught by a certain Dujala (its her real name!) who was ne of the worst (if not THE worst) teacher. She had no subject knowledge and we used to quarrel all the time. Had a pretty rough time with her. So it was no surprise that I flunked the first time and the second time too I expected the same.

So my mom said we have to visit the three navarathri pooja temples as only God can help me now ! (like god doesnt have anything else to do!)

First we went to the Saraswathy Mandapam near Padmanabha Swami Kshetram. Thankfully, I wore a dhothi as it is compulsory there. But regret fully I didnt take any Neiruthu( Shawl). I had to walk around the entire place half nude. Though I didnt have any problem with that, mom said we would buy a thorthu. It cost a 15 bucks for a small piece of cloth!

Inside the mandapam some cute girls were dancing! (Devi! Please forgive me!)
I think I was the only male in the 18-30 demographic. It was a queer feeling. On top of it people were rushing for absolutely no neccessity.
While getting out of there I realised I havent visited Kuthiramaalika in my life! It is said to be a must see in our city. And its been a while since I visited Padmabha Swamy as well.

After that we decided to walk through the Chalai Market to the temple in Aryasala. I think the corporation should ban the vehicular traffic in the market area. It would certainly reduce the rush there.

We entered the temple. There was a big silver horse there.
Mom said to me "Look its the silver bull in which Kumara Swamy sees the city."
Me: "It looks like a horse to me!"
Mom: "yes it is!"
I placed a rose and some camphor at its foot and stroked its mane, 'Nice horsey!'

The last temple on our list was Chenthitta Temple. The rush was more inside that temple.
We went to my Aunts house after that. I still havent got the time to give them the stuff I bought during the tour. Its been two weeks!

All these happened the day before the tour. And my series test? Much "better" than I ever wrote! Ill flunk for the first two and probably for the rest too!!!

Licking my would be wounds!
ciao

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End...

This is the final post in this blog. Nearly five years ago, I started this blog from an Internet Cafe. 5 years on, the blog has probably chronicled my state of being. The triumphs, losses, disappointments et al. All this while, I have been experimenting with lot of things and even tried to switch the blog multiple times. This time the switch is for real. I want a fresh start without the baggage. You could even say I am a little inspired by Up in the Air. I don't really have an ETA for a new blog. I could start posting today, tomorrow, or never. Go to: Idle thoughts and update your references. See you out there! Signing off with these words from Jim Morrison: This is the end Beautiful friend This is the end My only friend, the end Of our elaborate plans, the end Of everything that stands, the end No safety or surprise, the end I'll never look into your eyes...again Can you picture what will be So limitless and free Desperately in need...of some...stranger's...

Ancient Thrills

Ancient civilization. Dig. Gun. Artifact. Conspiracy. Esoterica. Professor. Prospective authors please note, you will get atleast one buyer for your book if these key words are there on your book cover. It would also help if you get someone to give comments like "Stunning!", "Tour De Force!" etc. I am such a sucker! My book collection has grown because of a few books I bought specifically due to these keywords. A small list which could well be incomplete: The Temple by Mathew Reilly Cover of Temple Peru. Inca. Idol. Guns. Pretty decent. Good read on a lonely day. Seven Ancient Wonders by Mathew Reilly Decent book. Lots of traps and thrills. Moments like the discovery of the Hanging Gardens are really good. Six Sacred Stones by Mathew Reilly Sequel to the above book. Same old stuff. The ending is a cliff hanger though. The Last Testament by Sam Bourne Cover of The Last Testament Palestine. Israel. Biblical artifact. Middle east solution. Peace talks. Okay okay book. ...

Some more polls....

Cant keep my hands of these stufff... here goes some more... You scored as Neo, the "One" . Neo is the computer hacker-turned-Messiah of the Matrix. He leads a small group of human rebels against the technology that controls them. Neo doubts his ability to lead but doesn't want to disappoint his friends. His goal is for a world where all men know the Truth and are free from the bonds of the Matrix. Neo, the "One" 100% Indiana Jones 96% Lara Croft 79% William Wallace 79% James Bond, Agent 007 79% Batman, the Dark Knight 75% Maximus 71% Captain Jack Sparrow 63% El Zorro 63% The Terminator 58% The Amazing Spider-Man 54% Which Action Hero Would You Be? v. 2.0 created with QuizFarm.com Of all people, i got the sissy boy. Its Ok but I loved to be Jack Sparrow or Jones... You scored as Metallica . You are a Metal Licka! You are one cool, oldschool dude! You love the raw beauty of greats whether it be an appreciation for a fine wine, or a fine lady. You have the rythe...