Skip to main content

Tour Report -II

Let me continue with the tour report.
We boarded the Samparkranti Express and was on our way to Delhi. After an initial chaos while settling down everything did, well... settle down. The compartment was a new one and void of any "artistic impressions" except for one pornograffiti in the toilet. We decided to set aside two end coupes (we had 5) to the guys and sandwich the girls in the other 3. Also some of the sideberths would be taken by the guys. These arrangements would be for the night and all of us hung around wherever we wished throughout the journey.
First of all some of us changed into our halfpants (well I guess only me and Nitin at first) and had our breakfast. it involved a lot of skillful manipulations to get the appropriate nutrition. In other words Kaiyittu Vaaral from others. After finishing their food we got ours and ate it peacefully.
Nothing much happened for some time. The Familiar landscape of Kerala was really feeding me the nostalgic feelings I would be getting in the next fortnight. In Kannoor Station, Vineeth brought Biriyanis for us to eat. He was really godsend as the catering in this train was awful as these guys were Delhi based and the items were really bland.
The days were spent playing cards (Ass and sometimes Rummy) and absolutely no reading, though I had carried several paperbacks, interleaved with some antakshari and generally hooliganising the train.
The Train passed through Konkan route but it was in the night so nothing was really visible. We would be returning through this route in daylight though. Near the city of Bombay we got to ate Vada Paav which was really good.
Then on about the night we reached Gujarat and saw the amazing infrastructure of Reliance Petrochemicals. Hats off to you Ambani!
( I have been holding this draft for some 3 weeks now! Sorry for the delay.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End...

This is the final post in this blog. Nearly five years ago, I started this blog from an Internet Cafe. 5 years on, the blog has probably chronicled my state of being. The triumphs, losses, disappointments et al. All this while, I have been experimenting with lot of things and even tried to switch the blog multiple times. This time the switch is for real. I want a fresh start without the baggage. You could even say I am a little inspired by Up in the Air. I don't really have an ETA for a new blog. I could start posting today, tomorrow, or never. Go to: Idle thoughts and update your references. See you out there! Signing off with these words from Jim Morrison: This is the end Beautiful friend This is the end My only friend, the end Of our elaborate plans, the end Of everything that stands, the end No safety or surprise, the end I'll never look into your eyes...again Can you picture what will be So limitless and free Desperately in need...of some...stranger's...

Ancient Thrills

Ancient civilization. Dig. Gun. Artifact. Conspiracy. Esoterica. Professor. Prospective authors please note, you will get atleast one buyer for your book if these key words are there on your book cover. It would also help if you get someone to give comments like "Stunning!", "Tour De Force!" etc. I am such a sucker! My book collection has grown because of a few books I bought specifically due to these keywords. A small list which could well be incomplete: The Temple by Mathew Reilly Cover of Temple Peru. Inca. Idol. Guns. Pretty decent. Good read on a lonely day. Seven Ancient Wonders by Mathew Reilly Decent book. Lots of traps and thrills. Moments like the discovery of the Hanging Gardens are really good. Six Sacred Stones by Mathew Reilly Sequel to the above book. Same old stuff. The ending is a cliff hanger though. The Last Testament by Sam Bourne Cover of The Last Testament Palestine. Israel. Biblical artifact. Middle east solution. Peace talks. Okay okay book. ...

Some more polls....

Cant keep my hands of these stufff... here goes some more... You scored as Neo, the "One" . Neo is the computer hacker-turned-Messiah of the Matrix. He leads a small group of human rebels against the technology that controls them. Neo doubts his ability to lead but doesn't want to disappoint his friends. His goal is for a world where all men know the Truth and are free from the bonds of the Matrix. Neo, the "One" 100% Indiana Jones 96% Lara Croft 79% William Wallace 79% James Bond, Agent 007 79% Batman, the Dark Knight 75% Maximus 71% Captain Jack Sparrow 63% El Zorro 63% The Terminator 58% The Amazing Spider-Man 54% Which Action Hero Would You Be? v. 2.0 created with QuizFarm.com Of all people, i got the sissy boy. Its Ok but I loved to be Jack Sparrow or Jones... You scored as Metallica . You are a Metal Licka! You are one cool, oldschool dude! You love the raw beauty of greats whether it be an appreciation for a fine wine, or a fine lady. You have the rythe...